New Website on the Horizon!
Volunteers are vital to the day, helping accommodate thousands of walkers/runners year after year. Thank you!
We are looking for talented, dedicated, and hardworking individuals to fill the following volunteer positions:
- 5K & Walk Bike Marshal (5+ slots): Taking positions in the lead, end and in-between the Walk crowd to keep runners/walkers motivated and safe.
- Course Marshals (120 Walk Slots + 20 Run Slots): You will keep our walkers on track and cheer them along the walk/run route. Feel free dress-up, make noise and shout words of encouragement!
- 5K Run Water Stops (Group of 10+): This is a good position for a group. Set up and hand out water to keep runners hydrated while cheering them on!
- Walk Route Check-points (2 groups of 15+): Great position for a group. Set up and distribute water and snacks to participants as they come by while cheering them on!
- Crowd Control and Security (10 slots): Monitor the Hatch Shell area by keeping lines flowing and help participants navigate the area.
- Finish Line (The more the merrier, 20 + slots): Good for a group. Welcome walkers/runners back to the Hatch Shell with enthusiasm. Feel free to dress-up, make noise and shout words of encouragement!
- Heroes Hall Breakfast (10+ slots): Great position for a group. Assist with set-up, bus tables, and keep area neat. Help with breakdown once the breakfast is over.
- Information Table (2+ slots): Volunteers are ready to assist participants with directions around the walk site and answer questions about AIDS Action.
- Memory Wall/Red Ribbon Table (2+ slots): Encourage participants to leave messages and share their stories.
- Photography (10+ slots): Photographers are given assignments to capture the day’s activities at the Hatch Shell and along the routes.
- Registration (20 slots): Collect pledges and distribute incentive items for individual and team participants.
- Van Driver (2 slots): Deliver/retrieve volunteers to and from their positions along the routes.
- Volunteer Check-in (5 slots): Greet volunteers and hand out breakfast, lunch, and t-shirts.
- Open to any position: Choose this option if you are willing to help wherever there is highest need!
The following volunteer positions are manned by specialized individuals:
- ALS interpreters
- Radio Base